THE SHELNUTT HOUSE
The house was originally built on two lots for a couple and their four boys. Initially, the home had five bedrooms. The current owners have converted one of the original bedrooms into a primary bathroom.
- Clear delineation of public and private spaces via building massing and organization
- Original exterior windows allowing for fully penetrative light in public spaces
- Original deep wood-clad eaves around entire perimeter of house
- Original single-pane windows throughout
- Original deep eaves around entire perimeter of house
- Original crown moulding detail in living room of rear porch
- Current owner was able to source brick for the western addition from the same brick manufacturer as the original home.